Because we all have to have healthcare insurance, it makes sense to take a few minutes to learn the basics about health insurance to find out what type of policy is best for you, and your family.
Is Health Insurance at Work Enough?
If you have the option to get health insurance through your employer, that may be your best choice. However, some health insurance plans have high deductibles that make it hard to pay off bills in the event of a major illness or accident. It also may be that your employer’s plan limits your choices, where you can’t continue seeing your primary physician. If you have questions about your employer’s health insurance offering, Mooney Insurance can help. Just give us a call to schedule a meeting to determine whether your workplace policy is enough or if you should have something different.
Types of Health Insurance Policies
The cost of healthcare has skyrocketed over the years, and paying for it out-of-pocket isn’t really an option. Mooney Insurance offers a variety of health insurance options to help take a big bite out of your medical bills.
- Individual Health Insurance – This type of insurance policy covers you and your family if you don’t have access to a group policy through your employer or you are self-employed.
- Group Insurance – This type of insurance covers a group of people, such as employees of a common employer or professionals in a common group. Group coverage typically has lower premiums than individual insurance.
- Medicare Supplement – A Medicare supplement policy helps pay for certain expenses not covered by Medicare.
- Long-Term Care – Also known as nursing home insurance, these policies pay for skilled, intermediate, and custodial care in the home, at a nursing home, in an adult daycare center, or at an assisted living arrangement.
- Short and Long-Term Disability – Disability insurance coverage provides for weekly or monthly benefit payments in the event that you are disabled by a covered injury or illness.
- High Deductible Plan + Health Savings Account (HSA) – High-deductible catastrophic plans with a health savings account will cover you if something major happens, but most won’t cover such basic things as an office visit.
Everyone experiences illness in his or her lifetime. Get the coverage you need from Mooney Insurance while you’re healthy, so you know you’ll be able to afford good care when you’re sick.
There are basically two types of life insurance: Term life insurance and permanent life insurance. Both provide a death benefit when the insured person dies, but other features make them distinctly different.
- Term life insurance is purchased for a specific period of time, often ranging from 5 years to 30 years. These policies expire if you do not die during the term. This type of insurance is popular with young families who may be on a tight budget.
- Universal life insurance provides protection for a person’s entire lifetime. Universal life insurance, also known as permanent life insurance, is adaptable, and you may be able to increase or decrease premium payments to accommodate changing financial situations.
- Whole life insurance builds tax-deferred cash value that can be used for a family’s loss of income, mortgage costs, or educational needs, even before anyone has died. It can also be used to leave a legacy for the next generation.
Life Insurance Through Your Work
Many work-provided life insurance policies only cover one year’s salary, which could impact your family’s lifestyle after you’re gone. It’s also important to consider the very real possibility that you could lose your policies if you leave your employer or lose your job.
Mooney Insurance can help you find the best life insurance option to fit your lifestyle and your budget. Though it may be difficult to think about death and what might happen to your loved ones should you pass, we can help you make an informed and educated choice.
Contact Mooney Insurance for Life and Health Insurance Quotes
Protect your health, life, and finances with Mooney Insurance. One of our experienced insurance agents can help you find the right health insurance and life insurance to suit your situation and help to give you peace of mind. Contact us today to receive a personalized, no-obligation, insurance quote and consultation – You’ll be glad you did.